The National Hotline for domestic violence victims has started working on 1st of September 2016 and SOS Hotline Niksic coordinates it. The National Hotline was been established by the Ministry of Work and Social Care and UNDP in Montenegro, with financial support of European Union Delegation in Montenegro.
SOS Hotline for domestic violence victims is first and most important contact for supporting the victims. SOS Hotline is governed by educated and competent staff with specialized knowledge from area of gender studies and human rights, with more than 17 years of experience in work with victims of violence. Our staff gained specialized knowledge through many international and regional seminars, trainings and courses.
Staff takes care not to violate the integrity and autonomy of the victim of domestic violence. All actions are taken only with the victim’s approval, and the anonimity is guaranteed, as well as trusfull and gender equality based approach, in context of human rights. SOS Hotline strengthens and gives support to victims through informing, refferals and psychological counseling. It helps the victim to get to know her rights and options as well as other forms of support.
Received calls and requests through SOS Hotline are being actively solved. When the victim gives the call, duty staff:
- Actively listens to the victim
- Informs the victims about the form of violence and her rights
- Gives psycho-emotional support and tries to strengthen the victim through online conversation
- if needed, staff reffers to other institutions that could help the victim
- if the victim express desire, staff reports the case and contact other institutions such as police
- represents the victim within different organizations, institutions, etc.
SOS Hotline Niksic is well networked with other services and institutions.